Here we are at the beginning of a New Year. I have a few goals in mind that I would like to achieve for this year...I've done okay with one of them....a few others are still in the works. I need to get my game plan figured out, or it'll be May and I'll still be in 2010 mode, aggravated with myself. ;0)
As far as catching up....looks like I last posted in November, which is so crazy. That month flew by...we had a nice Thanksgiving with family. I enjoyed Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister...got some good deals for the kids. We did several "joint" gifts for all of them this year-our house can't handle all of these toys! (neither can I)
December came and went. We had a bout of sickness in there somewhere. I always worry myself to death when anyone is sick-worrying how many of them will get it, how long it's going to hang around.....we have been so fortunate to have six healthy kids. It sure does remind me on those few sick days how fortunate we are-and it makes me so very thankful for our health!
Todd and I celebrated our 13th anniversary on December 27th. Sometimes (okay, about every year) I wish we would've gotten married at another time instead of right after Christmas, but I'm sure if I had it to choose all over again, getting married right after Christmas or waiting several months-I'd choose right after Christmas! ;0) I didn't feel the best on our anniversary, I think there were still some germs hanging around from the stomach virus the kids had. We spent the day taking down Christmas decorations and then we went out to eat that night. I only ate a baked potato, but we had someone lined up to keep the kids-I wasn't about to pass up the chance to get out "just us"....unless I was sick and ready to die! ;0) I am so thankful for Todd and the life we share. It is so fun thinking back on the times we've spent together-thinking about when we were dating and the early days of marriage...we've had so much fun. I know the Lord made Todd just for me and that is such a sweet reminder of His love...and the fact that He didn't just come that we might have life, but that we might have an "abundant" life. That is what I have!! =) Sometimes I am tempted to look around at others and the "things" they have. We may not have everything material that I may think I would like to have...but I have also been reminded when I look at couples that seem like they have everything as far as material things, yet their marriage doesn't last or they are not happy. I know it is so simple but truly, money can't buy happiness...and a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. (Lk 12:15) We have so many things that no amount of money could ever buy.
Today is Savannah's birthday-she's two!!! Can't believe she's already 2!!! I know I always say that...it's just so hard to believe how quickly the time passes. I think this is the first time we have had any of our children to turn two that I wasn't pregnant with someone or just bringing someone home from the hospital. How funny is that? ;0) It is a little sad..... I really can't remember her first birthday...but I have thought back on the day she was born some today. I remember I thought FOR SURE she was a boy...right up until I heard them say, It's a girl. I could not believe it. I was so glad (not that it would've been bad if she were a boy)...I had had 2 boys in a row, I was ready for another girl. It is always so exciting not knowing the sex of the babies....you're in suspense right up until the end! ;0) We are so thankful for Savannah and the blessing she's been. She is talking up a storm...she's so funny. It cracks me up listening to her...she repeats everything she hears. Today we went to eat at a kids' place and let the kids play. While we were at the table, a man came to clear some plates, he asked me, "Can I get some of those plates out of your way?" I said, "Sure." Savannah kept on saying sure, over and over. She handed a plate to the man, saying, Sure. So funny. ;0)
I don't know what our fascination has been with the airport this week. We were out riding around the other day and Todd pulled to the back part of the airport, hoping to see some planes taking off or landing. We did not see one plane.... Of course, someone announced they needed to use the restroom, which was no surprise, seems like that happens ALL THE TIME. We pulled up to the terminal of the airport and it must've been contagious because four people file out of the car to use the restroom. The things you do for your kids...I can say I've lived here for the biggest part of my life-I had NEVER just gone in to the airport to use the restroom until the other day. It was a big deal to the kids. They enjoyed seeing the carousel for the luggage, reading the screens to see what flights were arriving and departing and from where....the hand dryer in the bathroom was pretty neat, too. ;0) We went back to the airport another time-at night, and we finally did see one plane fly over us and land. I guess we've just picked bad times. Even though the kids have never been on an airplane (except for Shelby when she was a baby-and Vannah when she was 8 wks old), all this time at the airport has gotten us thinking about VACATION! =)
Hope all is well. Happy New Year!!!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Have you resigned from blogging? :(
Post a Comment