Thursday, November 4, 2010

Family tradition....

Last weekend all of my family was going to go down to my parent's property for a hayride-it's been too dry to burn, but at least we were going to enjoy the country and a hayride. Everyone was going to be there around 3 on Saturday, the day before Halloween. Todd, the kids and I arrived a little after 2-Todd mentioned about taking a walk in the woods. We had walked in one field and then headed down the hill some to the creek bed, and then we entered the woods. We walked a short distance, Todd was in the front, then Spencer and then me. I remember Spencer pushed on a little tree and then a long branch came down. I saw it hit him, noticed him reach for his head, and then I saw blood. I called to Todd, who was walking just a little ahead, and told him the branch had hit Spencer and that he was bleeding. Todd ran over and grabbed Spencer's head-the cut looked HUGE! We got Shelby's sweatshirt that she had tied around her waist and Todd held it on Spencer's head, trying to slow the bleeding. I ran (then walked) trying to make it back to our car so I could drive down and get Todd and Spencer. We loaded everyone up and headed to the hospital. My parents met us there and took the other kids back to my sister's house. We FINALLY got Spencer all stitched up after a long ordeal. He did so well-I was so proud of him! It was pretty scary-he ended up with twelve stitches, but I was so thankful things weren't any worse. He hasn't complained much-Todd is going to take the stitches out tomorrow. It was kind of ironic that he got his stitches the day before Halloween-he has had two other injuries that I felt he needed to be checked out for, and both of those happened right around Christmas. We don't celebrate Halloween as a holiday, but we'll count it as one for keeping track of Spencer's injuries. ;0) I guess it's a "family tradition" that Spencer is trying to start for us. The kids didn't dress up on Halloween, but Spencer still got to wear his "costume".



Todd is doing well, also, after having his wisdom teeth removed. I know he's glad to have that over with!
As you can see, I did manage to get up some more of the video of the Duggars. I'll see what else I have that I can share...hope you enjoy it!


2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

EEEK! This picture still makes me cringe! That is going to be the coolest scar, though!

Williams' bunch said...

;0) He's doing well. We had the stitches out, but he had to get "glued"-it wasn't healed all the way. I'm hoping the scar won't be too bad....wishful thinking?