Thursday, October 28, 2010

Where to begin?

It's hard to believe the summer is over already and that we are back to school....things have been busy these past months. Our summer break was nice; it included a trip to Gatlinburg, TN, staying in a cabin in the Smoky Mountains. We also ended that trip with a drive over to North Carolina to see my nephew graduate from high school.

School has been in session for about 2 months now-we were on lesson 45 today. We have taken a few breaks here and there this year-which is something I normally DO NOT do. It is nice sometimes when Todd is off a day during the week for us to ALL have a day off together as a family. And, since there are no new arrivals in the future, I don't feel as much pressure....it's kind of nice taking a little break here and there. ;0) Shelby is in fifth grade, Spencer is in 3rd (the both are using dvd's) Sarah is in 2nd and Stu is in kindergarten. Things are going well!

At the beginning of the month we were blessed to have the opportunity to go and see the "stars" of our favorite show, The Duggars. We had such a good time-it was such a blessing seeing them in person, and listening to everything they had to say. They have such sweet spirits and are such an encouragement to me. We were a little disappointed that we didn't get to meet them-there were over 5,000 people there and the lines were so long-but it was nice to be there anyhow. We could see them through the crowds...we were probably within 10 feet of them, maybe. I did get a picture of Janna, but it wasn't very good quality. Here's a little bit of the Duggars. *****I will warn you, this video is shaky at times, due the three year old (who shall remain nameless) sitting beside me, occasionally bumping my arm...there are people walking thru, and at times, I did get distracted, trying to tape and enjoy being there live and IN PERSON w/the Duggars. Also, the video starts and stops at times-I may not have let them finish certain segments-I was afraid my battery was going to die...**** You've been warned-watch at your own risk. ;0)

















There are different things pending in our life right now. There are changes ahead with Todd's job. How much will change, we're not sure right now. We have applied for another job, just because it seemed like a good opportunity, with a good company, and one of Todd's friends just called us one day, out of the blue and told us we should apply for it. (it would be a job working with this friend) This company has contacted us for more information last week, but we haven't heard anything else. If Todd got this job, we would probably be moving...it is about an hour away. Another area of our life that is changing is our church. A few weeks ago our pastor announced that he was resigning-his last service will be this Sunday. He's headed to California, maybe you'll run into him, Veronica! ;0) He's going to Lancaster to be an assistant at Lancaster Baptist Church. So, now the search begins for a new pastor. I know the Lord has someone for us...it's just a little weird since we are just getting adjusted, only to begin again. I am excited to see what the future holds...and a little impatient at times-especially concerning Todd's job. ;0)

Todd had his wisdom teeth removed today. He seems to be doing well. Praise the Lord! I was so nervous for him....he's pretty tough, though...and he can tolerate pain medication a lot better than I can.

Stuart has always loved the piano. We have an electronic piano in our living room that belongs to my parents-and Stu has always played on it, as far back as I can remember. He didn't bang on it, either, like most toddlers would (especially boys), he always sounded like he was trying to really play. For a while, he would play things that didn't make a tune at all...and he may sing along-whatever he was intending to "play". You can imagine how exciting it was when his playing started to actually sound like the songs he was singing!! A month or so ago, we were at my parent's house after church on Sunday, and Stu started playing I have Decided to follow Jesus...my mom stopped what she was doing to listen to him play. She said, "Is that Stuart?" She thought it was Shelby-she has started taking piano lessons again, and had learned some "church songs". (but not that one) It is amazing to me, and evident that God has given him a talent to be able to hear the songs and pick them out at such a young age. I've watched programs where there are these small children that can play instruments so well...he's not anything like that-but I'm proud of him....and it's exciting to me, just the same! I have always loved music, my dad has played the guitar for most of his life-it's neat seeing how things are passed along-I hope he will be able to develop his talents and use them for the Lord.

Miss Savannah is getting so big. It seems that every day she's picking up new words....I love hearing her talk. It is so cute...I don't remember anyone else talking so early. She is a lot of fun, such a funny girl. She loves babies-she is usually packing one around with her....and her blankie. Her favorite blankie is one we received in the mail from my blogging buddy, Veronica, in Cali. Honestly, Veronica, she sleeps with it every night-carries it around with her constantly-I have to wait 'til her back is turned and she's dropped it so I can get it washed! =) Thanks so much for being such a sweetie!

The leaves are in full color....it's gorgeous! Someone mentioned in Sunday School last week about how God shows His love for us, even in the change of seasons, referring to fall-and how He makes all the colors for us to enjoy. It is amazing. I was hoping to get some pics of the kids...I did get a few, I was planning to go out another day...but it's just been busy. And with Todd's work schedule, it's not the easiest to get things done.



I will blog again...and hopefully include more of the Duggars video. Hope all is well....

****This post is already several days old....I had technical difficutlies with the videos, and other "drama" going on in the house. Hopefully, I'll get another post done soon, and more of the Duggars up.*****

2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

She sleeps with her blankie? Bless her little heart! That made my day! And, for some reason the video doesn't show up for me. BOO :0( Wonder if is a problem on my end? The screen just looks blank.

Wow, Jen, you have a lot of changes going on. Can't wait to see what God's will is for the Williams Bunch!!

Thanks for updating. It's funny how close you can feel to someone you only know through a computer screen, haha.

XOXO,
Veronica

Williams' bunch said...

Yes, she has slept with that blankie for as long as I can remember. I thought it was sweet...and that you would like to know that little fact. ;0)

I can't wait to see what His will is either. I'm not very patient, so I'm DYING to know!

And as far as the video, I don't think there was much to that one...I think I had a malfunction w/the camera. Good thing I got up the other segment of video, huh? ;0)

I know what you mean...I guess when you have things in common and read about their lives, you do feel like you "know" them. ;0)