Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another week of school....

We have been busy the last couple of days...Monday and Tuesday are Todd's full days of class. He met one of his teachers for the first time today-that class didn't meet last week. It sounds like his instructors are pretty laid back and it seems like there is a lot of "hands on"...not just textbook stuff....for that I am SO THANKFUL!! I know that will help Todd a lot. He does still have book work to do, but it just seems different than anything he has been used to.

Sarah has been practicing her i in cursive...she's getting better. She started her u yesterday...she fell to pieces at first, but then she did okay. I was so proud of her today-I could see an improvement....and no breakdowns!! I know cursive writing is frustrating for her-unfortunately she's a little "high strung", like her mother....I think.

I'll back things up a few days....on Saturday night I was ironing all of our church clothes. I had ironed Spencer a shirt already, but when he saw the clothes I was bringing up, he asked if he could wear his suit. I told him yes and I ironed him a dress shirt to wear with it. He was so impressed with how he looked after he got dressed on Sunday morning....it was so cute. Todd saw him and asked what he was preaching on....of course the girls had to keep that going. When we got to church, Spencer told my dad, "just call me Bro. Spencer". He's so silly. That night at church, the kids were playing in the gym. Spencer was riding on this scooter that's basically a plastic seat w/wheels...somehow he fell off and hit his head on the concrete floor of the gym. He's had a black eye since Mon. How ironic, on Sunday he's dressed like "the preacher"....has a black eye on Monday. I looked at his eye when he woke up Monday morning (since I figured it was going to be black and blue)...he immediately goes to check it out in the bathroom mirror. He comes out and says, "do I look tough, Mommy?" I said yes, Spencer, you look tough! Bless his heart....I know it hurt.

The kids had a good evening, playing in the back yard. It always makes me a little sad to see summer come to an end. I like the long days, warm nights, lightning bugs....of course, I know we still have some warm days ahead....I just hate to see it start getting dark early! I go through this every year! :-)

2 comments:

Marti said...

Bro. Spencer the tough guy. Gotta love boys!

Marti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.