Monday, November 24, 2008

Random thoughts....

Todd started back to work today. It's only for three weeks, but still, he was so excited to get back and to see the guys he worked with. He called me on one break and told me that he got his insurance back, effective today, which was a surprise! :-) I know he was enjoying the work.

Yesterday morning I stayed home from church w/all of the kids. Stu had some symptoms to make me think his little bug was getting worse...we kept everyone else in to try and cut down on the spread of germs. Of course, after I keep everyone home, we didn't have any other problems the rest of the day! I was glad, but I was supposed to teach a class @ church...I felt bad to stay home. Oh well, the Lord knows my heart!

Last night, Todd stayed home and let me go to church. I enjoyed the service so much. Our paster was talking about the ten lepers and how only one came back to thank the Lord. As he was talking, my mind was racing, thinking of all the things the Lord has done for our family over this past year of ups and downs....my heart was so full. After he finished, he opened it up for testimonies. I did share a few things with our church, and I will share some things now...I know it's a few days before Thanksgiving, but oh well. Todd was laid off from a good job (an auto supplier) July '07. We hunted and applied for every job we heard about practically to no avail-Todd finally started back to work January 2008. It was a hard and disappointing 6 mths for us, to say the least. The Lord provided every need. Todd again was laid off from this new employer in July of this year. We could not believe this was happening again, but this time we were more prepared. We immediately began looking into our options and trying to see if Todd could get any training. He enrolled in school and is about to finish up his first of 4 semesters in the HVAC (heating and air program) at one of the community colleges. We are still amazed and so thankful the Lord provided this training for us....and it hasn't cost us a dime! There have been so many ways the Lord has blessed us...it is a miracle to me just that He has provided our every need....
I would not have planned these events in our life, but I wouldn't change anything. The Lord has shown me so many things, and what a blessing it has been to watch HIM provide and take care of us! :-)

I am also very thankful for my kids. They drive me crazy some days...like today...we had a bad day w/school work....Sarah had to write her name, start seatwork (which consisted of worksheets she had to do ALONE), and she started reading her first book. It was a drama-filled day to say the least.... But all in all, I love them and I'm so thankful the Lord saw fit to bless us with them. I'm so thankful that they are all healthy-we've only had minor injuries...I'm sure they keep their guardian angels on their toes! ;-)

I'm also thankful for Todd. He is such a wonderful husband and dad...I'm glad he wants me to be home with our kids! I love that he has a servant's heart and truly wants to please the Lord. He's a good man...I'm glad he's mine. :-)

The Lord has been so good to me...better than I deserve. There are so many things to be thankful for! :-) I hope anyone else who reads this will take time to reflect on what the Lord has done in your life...and be thankful. :-)

Psalms 118:1 O give thanks unto the Lord: for He is good.

1 comment:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Beautifully written.

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful, even in the midst of my 'trials', He is blessing me be remind me that He will never forsake me.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Williams Family!!