That sums up how I'm feeling these days. I'm having a hard time lately keeping up with everything I need to accomplish....and I'm frustrated that I'm not able to accomplish it all. Enough about that.....
I can't believe it's been a month since I've posted on here! I've been wanting to write about the couples' retreat Todd and I attended-it was so much fun! It was on October 9 and 10th at a camp that we had never been to. Dr. Clarence Sexton and his wife were the speakers. The day of the retreat, I was running around 'til the last minute packing (which is not usually like me)...it had been such a hectic day. The kids and I had done school, then we took Savannah to the pediatrician-she ended up having her first ear infection. My parents came to my house that afternoon, and Todd and I were on our way. We met at church and rode the bus-there were 11 couples, I think that went. I enjoyed the services so much. The first night, Dr. Sexton preached from Gen. 3:14-19...after Adam and Eve sinned in the garden God gave them the thorns. (was the point he made) He pointed out that God gives us the gift of thorns. And of course, the thorns represent the painful things in our lives. They remind us of our dependence on the Lord, and one another. The thorns are for our sake. Then he went to 1 Cor. 12:1-9, I think it was, talking about the thorn in the flesh. He pointed out verse 9, My strength is made perfect in weakness. The thorns are for our strength. The next passage he used was Ephes. 5:21-25-to make the point the thorns are for our Saviour. That we may demonstrate God's love and show the reality of a true and living God. It was such a good service. Then, we split up and the ladies had a session with his wife, and he taught the men. She had so many good things to say-
I can't say enough how much we enjoyed the time to get away and be together. It was wonderful!
In other news....Savannah has been pulling up for the longest time now....she still only has 2 teeth, but is working on I don't even know how many on the top! I think they are close.... Seth has an ear infection now...poor little guy. He has been kind of congested, then he woke up from his nap on Wednesday and was so fussy-he wouldn't stop crying and pulling at his ear. Todd took him to the dr for me, and sure enough, he had an ear infection. He's acting so much better, thankfully...now if only he and Stu would take their naps. I don't know what their deal is here lately, some days they just won't rest....and then they're so cranky at night-I don't deal well with whining. Spencer has lost 2 teeth now, but they have already been replaced-his teeth never even got loose, his permanent ones just popped in right behind them! We worked on one of them for what seemed like forever-Todd finally pulled it last week. Shelby also lost a tooth the other night...at McDonalds. All of theirs are coming out, and Savannah's are coming in.
I guess I better wrap it up for tonight. Hopefully it won't be a month before I post again.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment