Fall definitely was upon us today...and I think it's going to be that way for most of the week. The highs today were only in the 60's, and it was SO windy. I've been trying to wash clothes like crazy to make sure the kids have warmer things to wear...since just yesterday it was pretty warm. Oh well....
Today was pretty busy, as are most days around here. I went in to work this morning, worked 'til about noon and then headed to the dentist. They found one cavity. :-( By the time I got back home it wasn't long before Todd had to leave for work. We tried to sit and talk for a few minutes. I don't like those days when everything's so rushed and we only get to say hello and goodbye, it seems, in passing.
I would like to ask anyone who reads this, if you would, to pray for my sister. She will be having a heart cath done in the morning-she's 33. I'm not sure what type of symptoms she was having, but she went to the doctor, they did an EKG-it was normal. They sent her for a stress test last week, they called her the next morning and set her up for this cath. tomorrow.
I cannot believe how the time is flying. I know I say that so much, but it seems to be going faster! I don't know if it's because Todd's shift is always changing, or because we have a lot going on......I looked at Savannah today sitting in her exercauser-I just can't believe how big she is already. I think she's grown up faster than any of our kids, but then again, maybe it just seems that way because we're so busy with the others.... ???
I would like to share a praise. I am so thankful that the Lord is always with us, and watches over us. I'm thankful He is taking care of my kids. Last night after church, we picked up the babies from the nursery. The kids were all playing with Seth, getting him all wound up. We were all heading for the door, but he was ahead of everyone, and I think he started picking up the pace. I was behind him, calling his name, trying to catch up to him. There were people standing all over the place-it was hard to get through. Seth comes to the door, goes right on out, onto the porch of the church, still running full speed, right into the parking lot. I cannot even see at this time, but a car was coming-it came probably within a foot of him. People gasp and turn to look at me....I was trying to get to him, but there were people everywhere...like I said, I couldn't even see the car for people standing around. It didn't phase Seth, he takes off through the parked cars, still heading for our truck, full speed ahead. I finally get him and try to tell him he can't run through the parking lot....as if a 2 year old comprehends. He had no idea of the danger and what had almost happened to him. I keep replaying this over and over in my head-so thankful that the Lord spared my baby boy.
Something else that happened last night, we had the Lord's supper in church. I don't think Stu has ever been with us in "big church" when we've had the Lord's supper. He had already told me that he was getting hungry, as the preacher was finishing his message. I think he thought the elements were appetizers when they brought the trays around-especially the juice, he was ready to grab a glass of it. He had a minor breakdown when I told him he couldn't have any-that was probably due to the fact he took about a half hour nap-he and Sarah had play time when they should have been resting. Kids are so funny....you never know what they are liable to do in any given situation. :-)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you, Jesus, for protecting little Seth. I have been in your shoes and you feel like life is going in slow motion, but not slow enough, huh?
Thanks for checking in on me, Sister. I have had a lot going on and a friend turned me onto Facebook. I have avoided FB for over a year, but now that I am 'tuned in' it is awesome to keep in touch with family.
I did post today...just for YOU, lol. ;0)
Love ya!
Veronica
Post a Comment