I thought about the fact that today was 9/11 yesterday, and Todd mentioned it because the building he works in was going to be handing out pins today for Patriot Day, but then this morning the kids and I got busy doing our routine and I hadn't given it much thought, until things slowed down. I remember that day so well.... I wasn't watching the news at all, but my dad called me and told me a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. I must admit, when he first mentioned it, I wasn't even sure which building he was talking about. I think I turned on the tv then, I don't remember now if I actually was watching when the second plane hit, or if I've just seen it so many times on re-plays, but I think I was watching. I remember Todd and I headed over to our church so he could change the filters. We were listening to the radio as reports came in about the Pentagon and the other plane. I remember just how unbelievable it all seemed....this is America...that kind of stuff isn't supposed to happen here! We went to my parents house, Todd was helping my dad do some project...it seems like they were tearing something out. I was glued to the tv...I couldn't believe it all. I remember when the towers fell. It seems like we had a prayer meeting that night at church, but maybe it was a different night...I'm not 100% sure. I just remember putting Shelby to bed that night (she was 13 mths old) and looking at her, thinking about all the families that had been affected by this....how many moms or dads went to work that morning, but never came home. I remember trying to read my Bible. I went to Psalm 11. Vs. 1 says, In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? It did sound good at that time to go somewhere and get away from all that was happening. Vs. 2 says, If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? I definitely felt that our "foundations" were being attacked that day...the financial side of things, by striking the towers, our Pentagon... Vs. 4, The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold...... I'm so glad the Lord is aware of everything going on-nothing takes Him by surprise. These verses did serve as a comfort to me on that day, 8 yrs ago; it's just good to be reminded that God is in control. As a song that I love says, Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through His hands.
_________________________________________________________________
In other news, I am leaving tonight to go to a Ladies' Retreat. I'm so excited to get away and spend time with other ladies. I am hoping to come back to my family refreshed....then I need to get busy....it's been so crazy-I'm behind on my work, my house is needing attention (although I have done a few things trying to straighten up-and at least I got the mountain of laundry done). Todd will be with the kids after he gets off work tonight, then my mom will be keeping them tomorrow while he works. She usually goes with me, but she thought they were still going to be out of town...I'm thankful she's keeping the kids since Todd wasn't able to get off work, but I will miss her.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment