I cannot believe it has been over two months since I've blogged. (seems like I always say that)So much has happened, obviously, over these months-I had thought about doing a year in review type post...needless to say, I never got around to it.
Todd is working today. He's had to work extra hours this weekend (beginning last night) to make sure there weren't any problems at his building since the temperatures are so cold. Our time with him was cut very short today. Now the little ones are laying down, hopefully resting, and the bigger three are out in the snow.
Since I have some time, I think I'll review some happenings from 2009. January 1st, I was very pregnant w/Savannah, although, I didn't know at the time it was a Savannah...I was actually almost certain she was a Samuel. We spent the day at the Science Center, in town-we had just purchased a membership to the zoo and museum...we were eager to try it out. That was the only time we went to the museum the whole year!
January 5th, the day before I was due, I had a doctor's appointment at 4:15 that afternoon. I had worked that day, my mom and I left work in time for my appointment. I don't remember much before the appointment, my mom was in the waiting room, my blood pressure must have been high when the lady took it-I really can't remember now. I remember my doctor coming in and talking about my blood pressure and how she didn't really feel comfortable with letting me go another week-she started talking about inducing me. I'm always fine with that...it was exciting the one time I went into labor on my own, when no induction was scheduled, but at this point in my life, with all the other people involved and everything, I'm fine w/inductions...I don't want Todd delivering our child, with the other kids assisting. ;0) She asked me what I thought about the next day-FINE WITH ME! They had to check with the hospital and make sure the schedule was okay, so I left the office w/out knowing for sure-my doctor told me, no news is good news, meaning if I didn't hear from them-it was a go for the 6th. I met my mom in the waiting room and told her the news...I was so anxious the whole way home, praying I wouldn't hear back from them! I called Todd and told him the plan, when I arrived home, he and the kids had supper ready-we sat down and ate our last meal as a family of 7. Later, we went to Wal-mart to get some essentials we needed to make sure everything was ready for the big day! I called the hospital early the next morning to see if they had a bed for me-they told me I could come at 7. My parents came to sit with the kids, and Todd and I headed for the hospital. We arrived, they took all the information-as many times as I've been to this same hospital, with all of my kids, you'd think they'd just kind of have a record of this stuff... Anyways, they finally got started on the important stuff...my doctor had told me she was going to come by after she finished up a procedure she was doing that morning and try to break my water. Her surgery went over and she never made it. She was going to try and come other times in the day, but it didn't work out. It was a long day-I was sick as a dog, another doctor from another practice that I had never seen before finally came in to break my water at around 6 pm. Savannah was born at 6:47. I heard my doctor saying there was a knot in the cord...I was so relieved that everything was fine. I couldn't believe it when I heard them say, "It's a girl!" I was so convinced she was a boy, for whatever reason. I thought about the fact that there was a knot in her cord a lot...it reminded me again of the goodness of the Lord and made me thankful that He sees and knows EVERYTHING, and that He's in control. If the doctor would have let me go another week, things may not have turned out the way they did-I was so glad He allowed my blood pressure to be up, and gave my doctor wisdom to go ahead and take Savannah, and we left the hospital rejoicing, with a sweet, healthy baby girl!
The next week Todd started back to school. He was enjoying his classes and looking for jobs in his field. I was enjoying having him home, when he wasn't in class. Seth turned 2 in Feb., the time was flying by...as we were busy with school, and I was working. I flew to NC to visit my sister, with my parents and Savannah, the end of February for a visit, and so she could see the baby. My nephew was having some problems and was going to be having some tests done while we were there. Thankfully, everything was okay. I missed Todd and the kids so much, I don't have any plans to go anywhere w/out them any time soon....of course, that's subject to change, depending on the destination! ;0) At some point, we began working on remodeling our basement....a job that seemed to take forever...and still isn't 100% complete.
May came and the semester was coming to an end for Todd...he was getting a little anxious about finding a job-I was content for him to be home. On his last day of classes, a man called over to the school looking for someone to fill a position. Todd called and talked to a man, they asked him to send his resume. I was working the next day, so I faxed it from work. They called Todd either that day or the next to set up an interview. I can't remember the exact time frames now, but it seemed to move rather quickly-they called him back a week or so later for another interview. One day while I was at work, they called and offered Todd the job. He was so excited, and SO READY to be back to work. I know the Lord gave him this job, just how everything happened-the job just kind of fell in his lap. I wasn't totally satisfied with everything about the job-I don't like that Todd has to miss church, and there are other things that I wouldn't have chosen, but I go back to the fact that I KNOW the Lord gave Todd this job, so I will be thankful and trust Him that He knows things that I do not know, and that He has our best interest in mind.
The kids and I finished school in May-we thoroughly enjoyed our summer break! We spent the summer playing, swimming, and working on our basement, here and there. Shelby went to camp in June and we were able to go to family camp while Todd was off for a few days in July. Amber and LeRoy came home in July, also, due to some problems in Honduras, and we were able to visit with them a little. Our carpet was finally installed at the end of July, and we were able to move into the new rooms just in time to start school. It has been nice having the extra space....of course, the bigger ones sometimes don't like going to bed upstairs "by themselves"...there's four of them up there. But I understand what they mean.
Todd started his final semester of school in August. Shelby started her first year using DVD's, for the fourth grade...she likes it a lot.
September came and we made a hard decision that we've struggled with for a while-we changed churches. It has been hard, and sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing...there are good things that I like, and there are some things that I don't like about our new church. Ultimately, I am glad that the word is preached and that my kids have people their own ages, I'm thankful there are Godly examples for them to look up to...so I just have to remind myself of these things...and take it one week at a time.
In November we said goodbye to a man Todd and I both thought so much of, Bro. Clarence Doyle. He started the camp that Todd and I attended as kids and where we met, Hoosier Hills Baptist Camp, in Indiana. Todd had spent some time with him one fall, after the camping season, and did some travelling with Bro. Doyle. We both kind of thought of him as a Grandpa...he always teased Todd about getting married-he had a part in our wedding ceremony. It was sad going to his funeral, but it's good to know He's in Heaven.
I think I've included most of the "highlights" of our year. It's good to look back over periods of time and see how the Lord worked in situations, how He provided, and think about His blessings. There's always a bit of uncertainty when we start a new year, but it's so good to know that even though we don't know what lies ahead, we know the One who does-and His grace will be sufficient no matter what happens.
Happy New Year...even though it's late. It's still early in the year, though, right? Hope you're doing better at your New Year's resolutions than I am.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jen, I came to read up on your blog and saw the GORGEOUS header and had to just come and leave a comment straight away. GREAT pic, Girl! And love the layout. So cute.
BTW, check out my blog...nominated you for an award! woohoo
Now back to read the post.
xoxo,
Veronica
Post a Comment