Tomorrow is my birthday. I was thinking a little bit about it earlier and I think the title of this post just kind of sums it up. I was blessed to be born in a Christian home with Godly parents who wanted the best for me. I had the privilege of working at a Christian camp as a teenager. My parents had heard about the camp several years before, and my sister and I started going every year. The best summers of my life were the ones I spent working at Hoosier Hills Baptist Camp. During those years the Lord was working in my heart and leading me in the way I needed to go. Another important thing that happened during that time-I met Todd. I know the Lord made Todd just for me...and I'm so thankful He allowed our paths to cross. What a blessing it is to get to share your life with your best friend. He's given us 12 years together-and they have been great! We are so thankful for our children He has allowed us to have...I am thankful for each one of them, and the fact that they are healthy. I am so blessed. I wanted to include the words to this song-I went and found them all so I could write them. This sums up how I feel....
Lately I've been looking back, along this winding road.
To the old familiar markers of the mercies I have known.
I know it may sound simple but it's more than a cliche
There's no better way to tell you, than to say-
God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could.
'Cause through it all, God's been good.
Times replay and I can see that I've cried some bitter tears
But I felt His arms aound me, as I faced my greatest fears.
You see I've had more gains than losses, and I've known more joy than hurt
As His grace rolls down upon me, undeserved.
Shelby and I were looking at some old pictures after church tonight at my parents' house. There were different ones, from all stages of life. God has been good to me...I'm thankful for the 32 years He's given me...hoping for AT LEAST 32 more. Well, maybe not...He could come take us all to Heaven...that'd be okay. =)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH, that would be MORE than OK!!!! Then we would get to hang out together ALL the time! Your mansion or mine? lol
Happy Birthday, sweet friend. I love your grateful heart. It blesses me.
What is the name of the song?
xoxo,
Veronica
P.S. IT WAS ABOUT TIME! (Like I can talk, huh?) ;0)
I think, Veronica, the name of the song is God's been good...if you go to youtube you can find it. Sorry I'm so late in replying...I didn't change my email..so I never saw any of these comments 'til now. ;0)
Post a Comment