Tonight, I went on visitation with my soulwinning partner, Emily. We went to a new street to knock on doors, but it was a weird street that only had a few houses actually on that street, we didn't want to interfere with any one else's visiting, or repeat houses that may have been gotten by someone else, so we went to a street Todd and I worked on last week. Some of the houses, either no one was home, or they didn't come to the door. We came to one house where there were two young guys and a girl outside, with a huge dog, sitting on the porch. Emily is terrified of dogs, but I didn't just want to pass the house up. I stayed on the edge of the yard and told the one guy our names and where we were from. He told me he never really went to church and that he just didn't think it was important-he could find other things to do with his time. He seemed nice enough, he wasn't rude. I asked him if he ever thought of eternity, and where he would spend eternity. He talked for a little bit, but the main thing that stuck with me, he basically said, he knew he wasn't going to Heaven, and he had accepted that. He was telling me he knew he wasn't good enough to go, and he was okay with it. It really wasn't the best time to talk-there were others sitting on the porch talking, that big dog was a little distracting, too, but I did leave a tract and asked him to read it. I keep thinking about him-I hope he does read it and that the Lord will use it to make him think, at least. It's easy to be thankful I'm saved and not really worry about others. It just served as a reminder to me...there are so many people that have never heard the truth...I need to be mindful of that.
On another note, Sunday morning I was getting dressed for church, when Shelby came to my bedroom door with my cell phone. It was Todd, he tells me he cut his hand and that it wasn't too bad, then the call drops. I called his phone back, no answer. I call the building where he works, and the guard tells me Todd had cut his hand, he was going to need stitches and told me which hospital he had gone to. My parents came and took my kids to church, and let me go check on Todd. He ended up getting two stitches in his finger. I was thankful it wasn't too bad. It is kind of in a bad spot, his first finger of his RIGHT hand, of course...his bandage makes it a little odd trying to do things, but like I said, I'm thankful it was only two stitches. =)
I will post a pic of the kids from Easter. Hope all is well!


1 comment:
Great picture of the kiddos! Everyone is so big!
Post a Comment