Thursday, May 15, 2008

Catch up on the week...

Let me start with the weekend. Friday night we went to visit Todd's family and had an okay visit.

On Saturday morning, Shelby and I got up and headed over to church for a yard sale/car wash for the kids to earn their money for camp. I stayed for a little while and then left, planning to go get something for my mother before heading to a mother-daughter banquet w/Todd's mother. There were so many yard sales, I ended up "shopping" instead...my mother did go w/me.

Mother's Day was so rainy and chilly...we had planned on going to the cemeteries where my grandmothers and our aunt Helen are buried, but decided against it due to the weather.

One day this week, I'm not sure which now, the kids and I went to the zoo. We had a nice visit-it was good to get out of the house. We have been to the zoo so many times this last year, and it is different every time you go. Usually the polar bear is just laying there on the rock...the kids were so excited that this time he was actually up pacing back and forth! I was hoping he would jump down in the water or something, but he never did! We walked up to the cage of this puma, and he walked right down to the fence and says "meow" and starts pacing back and forth. It was so funny-the kids get such a kick out of watching the animals. We didn't see the baby elephant this time...he's usually good for a laugh, too. Last time he was laying in a mud puddle blowing bubbles w/his trunk and splashing. And, Glenda, we get to enjoy all this because..."we're members".

Yesterday, my friend Amber called and said they were going to be driving through and were going to come to church with us last night. I was so excited....I spent the day picking up the house. They ended up staying the night with us...it was so good to see them. I had planned to get a picture and forgot all about it! Their baby, Callie Jean is so pretty. She is three weeks old-so precious! They headed out this morning for Alabama.

Shelby has lost 2 teeth in one week! The Lord has definitely helped her with "accidents" regarding her teeth, she sure doesn't want them to be pulled. The first one happened on Monday, she woke up that morning and was telling me how loose her tooth was. Later, she was biting on something she shouldn't have been biting on and her tooth came out. A tooth that wasn't as loose as the other one! She made five bucks off that tooth from Mawmaw and Pawpaw. The next morning when she was brushing her teeth and the loose tooth came out! I don't think she's made anything off that tooth...the down side of losing too many teeth too close together! :-)
Hope everyone has a good day!

No comments: