Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day and the weekend

I will go backwards in my update....yesterday our family and my parents went to a couple of cemeteries where some of my family is buried. We went to the graves of my dad's parents, two of his brothers and some more of his family. Then we went to another cemetery so I could find out where my Aunt Helen is buried. After visiting the cemeteries, we went to Cracker Barrell and had lunch. That was about the highlight of the day...we didn't do anything else, really. Todd had to rest some so he could work that night.

On Sunday, we went to church and then went to my parent's house. After lunch, the kids got in the swimming pool, which was still filling up-it was about up to their bellies...and freezing cold!! They had a good time playing with their cousins. Our church was cancelled Sun. night, so we drove down to the country to visit Todd's grandparent's graves. I know he misses his Grandpa a lot...he died the year before we started dating..I wish that I could've met him.

Saturday was pool cleaning day. I went to a few yard sales that morning-it was too chilly to be getting wet and all...so I figured I may as well do something constructive while waiting for it to warm up! :-) We started on the pool after lunch...and it didn't take too long, considering it was only my parents and us cleaning it. The kids really did a good job of helping. They were playing in the pool as we started filling it up...there wasn't much water on the bottom...just puddles here and there. Seth got in and was walking all over the place-and then he'd slip and fall. I was surprised he wasn't fussing...he just smiled and laughed. The kids were running and sliding across the bottom. Most of the kids survived w/out too bad of a sunburn...I did try to put sunscreen on everyone. Somehow poor Spencer, the whitest, fairest skinned one must not have gotten sunscreen on after he took off his shirt. His poor shoulders are so red!! Todd was calling him a lobster.

Friday, we went to the zoo! I love Fridays because Todd is finished w/work, so he doesn't have to sleep all day and we get to get out and do things! :-) After the zoo we went to Sam's club and walked around.

Shelby has less than two weeks 'til she goes to camp! She is so excited...I'm happy for her, but I am a little nervous, too. I hope she doesn't get too homesick...and I keep thinking about how it will be to leave her there... I know she will be fine...it's just kind of weird for me to think about. She will love it-I'm sure.

It was so nice to have a holiday yesterday....and have an extra "do nothing" day! :-)
Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: