Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October already?

Fall has come to the Bluegrass state, at least for today (and the next few days). I think it's in the 60's outside. We saw the big cool down was coming and I was PLANNING to get out clothes and have them ready...needless to say, I didn't make it. So, as I sit here typing, I need to be digging through clothes-the change of season is always a challenge for me!

Today in school, Spencer was working on word problems. We were using straws and I gave him three straws and said, "Sarah had 3 pieces of gum, and you gave her three more. How many pieces does she have?" His response was, "I wouldn't give her three pieces"... How typical. It was funny, though. After that, I quit using them as examples-too distracting!

There was another funny the other day. Shelby was reading for Health and it was going over manners regarding older people and then manners for boys w/girls. I am glad they go over these..it is nice to teach them to be respectful, and it's things I may not think of in day to day living-until we're out somewhere and one of the kids runs over an old person....you know. It told how you should give up your seat for an older person and you should never contradict them (I forget the others right now). At lunch, we were talking about these manners, and Shelby was informing the others of what to do....she says how you should always give your chair to an older person, and you should never argue with older people, like Mommy, or ME!!! She kills me....I should've seen that coming....she thinks she's one of the parents.

Over the weekend, Todd and I took 3 teens to the retreat at Hoosier Hills. We had a good time. The speaker was really good, Ray McCormick-I'd never heard him before, but I really enjoyed his messages.

Todd has a break from classes on Mon. and Tues. The week after that he has mid-terms-I can't believe it's going by so quick! Today he had CPR training in one of his classes...it's always good to have a review on that-especially w/kids! He had to try out the maneuvers on the kids when he came home....of course, they loved that. They always enjoy playing with Daddy. He gets everyone so wound up!

I guess I better get busy going through clothes! Hope everyone is having a good day!

2 comments:

dezandheath said...

Hey Jen!

I love your stories~I would love to just sit back and watch your family for one day!! How fun! I too am in the process of rotating seasonal clothes.....what a chore. Glad to hear you are well, hope you're feeling okay.

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Cute post!

We are actually getting some rain out here in CA as I type. Praise God! I love this weather. I am ready to pull out the winter clothes, too.

Veronica