The men came to put our carpet in on Monday. There was a little bit of drama when they arrived...they told Todd they didn't have the carpet we ordered. I could feel myself starting to get upset-we looked at the samples and the one they had was very close to the one we ordered. After looking at it and thinking about it for a little bit (and me going up to the store to look at a bigger sample) we decided to go ahead with that carpet. They were here for most of the day-they finished up at about 4:30 or so. They pulled out of the driveway and we headed down to check it out. It looked nice, but then as I started to look closer, I could see some places where it didn't seem very tight next to the wall. There were several places like that. We called my dad and he came down to check it out...then Todd called the store where we bought the carpet. The men that had done the job came back as we were finishing up our supper. They came down and fixed some of the spots....he was full of answers as to why it looked like it did. I wasn't totally satisfied with everything, but I could tell that guy wasn't going to do anymore to fix anything. Yesterday I was working around the house when the phone rang. It was one of the men that owns the carpet store...he "just happened" to call. ;-) He asked me why he would have our name on the calendar for today...I think it was because he wasn't sure those guys would get back to us on Monday night. I did have the opportunity to tell him about my concerns and let him know I didn't feel that the carpet was installed very well. He told me HE would come back and check it out. As I was beginning to fix the kids' lunch, he called and said he would be there soon. He came in and took a look at the spots, he used a kicker on a couple and then said he would have to send someone out for a couple of them. Not long after he left, the same guys who installed the carpet pull up, they come in and start fixing the other places. They weren't here long...I could tell the lead guy wasn't too happy...he wasn't mean, but he offered some excuses again as to why it happened (it sure wasn't his fault), and then he said, we'll see ya later...like, I know you're gonna call back, so we'll see you again soon. I came down to inspect, and they ripped my carpet some, I guess while they were "fixing" one of the problem spots. I couldn't believe it....what do you do? I hate to seem like a complainer...it's just who has the money to replace their carpet all the time? We've lived here for 9 years and we're just now getting around to replacing it...I'd like for it to look nice for a while! Oh well, enough about our carpet. It does look nice...I do plan to post pictures....I just hate to 'cause there are some things that aren't finished...but I guess at least you all could get an idea of how it looks. I LOVE IT...I just wish it would have been put in right the first time.
On to my request. My mother went to the dermatologist last week to have a spot checked out on her leg. They did do a biopsy, and told her the results would be back in two weeks. Yesterday, they called and told her the spot is melanoma and they scheduled her for surgery on Friday. The doctor feels 95% sure that he can get it all, just pray that he can and that this will all be finished. I try not to think about anything past tomorrow...I can't...I'm just hoping and praying that they've found it soon enough and they can get it ALL tomorrow. I know the Lord is in control....my only problem is I know He has a plan that may or may not line up with my plan...that's what I'm struggling with. My mom did testify in church last night, praising the Lord that they found it now and that they are going to do surgery to remove it. I hope we can testify and praise the Lord that it's all gone. I don't know much about melanoma...what I do know is not good. I think that's another thing I'm having trouble dealing with. Please, just pray. Thanks so much.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just getting back to the internet world after being gone on vacation the past few days. What a few days your family has had! Glad to read that your Mom's surgery went well.
Post a Comment