Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Weekend

My Weekend....Friday night Shelby and I got to go to my niece, Madison's first soccer game. It was nice to get out of the house. The opposing team did not show up so Madison's team split up and played against each other-unfortunately, her side lost. They did have a good time.

Saturday was hectic. Todd and Stu left at around 10:00 headed down to the property trying to get a few last minute things done before the bonfire/hayride. I was busy trying to plan for Sunday morning, in case we didn't get home 'til late. I went out to check the mail-we had a lot. I started flipping through and noticed a letter from American Synthetic (the place Todd had an interview). I was glad to finally see something from them....I call Todd on the cell phone and tell him it came. I tear it open only to read basically thanks, but no thanks. I was so upset. I know the Lord has a plan for us, He hasn't forgotten us and He is in control. I have to remind myself of that a lot here lately. I know God is faithful!

We went to the property and had a nice time. The kids always love getting out into the country and getting filthy. I left a little early so I could get everyone clean and in bed at a decent time.

So, now for the best news.... I was getting the kids cleaned up and into their pajamas and Spencer, I notice is reading this Bible storybook. The next time I see him he is standing before me, about in tears telling me he doesn't know how to be saved. We went and sat on the bed and he prayed and asked Jesus to save him. I was so excited...I have been worried about him, wondering how much he understood. I am so thankful that he got saved and I am so happy that I got to be the one to lead him to the Lord. The Lord used that to remind me again what an awesome responsibility it is to be a parent (especially a mother)....I have 5 little lives that I can influence-it is a sobering thought. It was a perfect end to my not-so-good day. :-)

No comments: