Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I can't believe it's been so long....

I was just looking at the blog, and can't believe I haven't posted anything since Labor Day! What can I say...the days fly by around here....so much going on.

We went to revival last night and heard Dr. Morris Gleiser. It was my first time hearing him-he was at the men's retreat last year at Hoosier Hills, so Todd heard him there. I enjoyed the service and the message was so good-on being filled with the Spirit.

Todd was working on homework last night, so I stayed up, waiting for him. I was doing some of my work while the house was quiet. Finally, we went to bed at about 1:00. At some point, Seth woke up-which is a usual occurrence here lately, I guess since all of his teeth have finally decided to come in-all at once. He just finished cutting his jaw teeth, and now both sets of I teeth are coming in....it doesn't seem to bother him-he just wakes up @ night-and comes to bed w/us! He settled down and went back to sleep-at some point, I wake up and he's trying to climb out of our bed-where he was headed, I don't know. Then, a little while after that, it started storming. Spencer woke up, scared to death. He and I head to the basement. We both went back to sleep...when I woke up, I headed back to bed-it was around 5:00. I got back to sleep, and woke up to hear Stuart crying. I went to the boys' room and he had been sick in his bed. I strip off his sheets and get him back to bed, go back to bed myself. Of course, as I lay there, my stomach begins to hurt. I panic every time someone is sick....I have flashbacks of last fall when we had a couple episodes of ALL the kids sick at once.... Thankfully, Stu has been fine today and hasn't been sick anymore! I am so thankful-and hopeful this is as far as it goes!
Luckily, every night isn't as crazy as last night was!!! :-)

Yesterday, we received a call from Todd's employer, saying he was being recalled. We should be happy, the only trouble is he is being recalled to 3rd shift. He would have to work Sun night (11-7) then be in class by 9. I don't know what's going to happen with this...we may lose his unemployment benefits (probably)-the Lord knew about this before we did-He'll have something else. :-)

2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Sounds like a night in our house!!LOL

Lifting your family up in prayer right now!!

Veronica in CA

Glenda said...

Yes- the Lord did know about it before hand. Sometimes (me- alot of the time) you sure can't see how He could be working in some things- but then He always comes through.