Friday, December 19, 2008

Doctor's Appt and Christmas Break

Woo Hoo! We are finished with school...for now! :-) We had thought about maybe doing some school next week, just trying to stay ahead with the baby coming and all, but we've decided I think, it will be best for all of us to have a break! :-) Today is the half way point for our school work. The kids are getting excited about all the festivities coming up-we are, too. My sister and her family are heading in from NC late tonight/early tomorrow, we have Christmas with aunts/cousins tomorrow, so things are getting under way as far as celebrating. Tonight is my Christmas party for work...I'm so excited that Todd and I actually get to go together, without any children. We will be with my parents since I work w/my mom (she's my boss), but it will still be nice for us to be together and NO KIDS! :-)

In other news, I went to the doctor today. She was trying to determine the position of the baby and couldn't say for sure, so I had a quick ultrasound. I was going back and forth on finding out the sex of the baby, if possible, but then I told the tech up front that I didn't know the sex (so she would be aware that I didn't want to know). The baby is laying transverse with the head to my right side...feet at the bottom. Poor little thing looked so smashed...it literally looked like a face w/chubby cheeks that someone was squeezing on both sides w/their hands...it was funny, but it's odd that the baby would lay like that, so cramped. The tech couldn't tell what the baby was (as far as boy/girl) anyhow due to the baby being so smashed, so that was good...no temptation! I go back to the dr on Tuesday-we'll know more about the game plan at that point-it will all depend on this child's position! My #4 did this as well, he turned on his own...we'll see what happens. The good thing, if it doesn't turn we may have a New Year's baby after all...not to mention another tax deduction (I know, that's greedy-as if we don't have enough deductions off our taxes)! :-)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend...and enjoys this last weekend before Christmas. It always seems like you blink and the holidays are over-I want to just sit back and enjoy everything and take it all in....hope you do the same.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Thinking about you a lot over the next weeks, Jennifer! I'll be praying for everything to go well.

dezandheath said...

I think you made a good decision for starting your Christmas break now. 8 1/2 months pregnant and still going strong ~ you're amazing! I hope you and Todd and the kids have a wonderful holiday and that everything goes well w/ #6

Merry Christmas!