Monday, July 21, 2008

The fun never ends

Yesterday was a normal church day...we got everyone ready and headed out the door for Sunday School. We get to church and the kids all roll out of the van, ready to run for the door. We tell them to walk, like we do every time we get out of the van at church. They were walking fast, ahead of us. Seth was throwing a fit, wanting to be up with the big kids...not wanting Todd to hold his hand. Seth did seem kind of fussy, but we went on to Sunday School. At church time, I went to check on him-he was asleep in my mom's lap...she was going to be in the nursery for church as well. I said I would stay-she sent me out. After church she said Seth had not been using his left arm at all. This is very odd because I think he is going to be left-handed-he uses it for about everything. We watched him at lunch time, and he wouldn't use that arm for anything. It is pitiful to watch a baby try to drink a sippy cup one-handed. I'll cut to the chase...we ended up taking him to the ER-thank goodness it wasn't too crowded and we didn't have to be there very long. They said it was a nurse maid's elbow (which I thought-the same thing happened to Shelby). It is very common, apparently, in small children...basically the elbow dislocates and they slip it back in. It was sad to watch Seth as the doctor manipulated his little arm, but he was tough...and luckily the doctor had given him a sucker before that, so he was distracted! :-)

Todd did get news this morning that he will be laid off, his last day is Friday. I don't understand what is going on...and I hate it for Todd, but I know the Lord has a reason and that He will take care of us.

Hope everyone has a good week.

1 comment:

dezandheath said...

So sad to hear about Seth's arm. I'm glad everything is okay with it now. I have never heard of nurse maid elbow....I've heard of tennis elbow....
Anyway, I will be praying for Todd's job situation. I can't imagine facing uncertain times like that, but the scary thing is it could happen to any of us in a moment. Keep me informed.