Monday, July 28, 2008

Thou shalt not kill....

I was substituting in the kids' Sunday School class yesterday-they are all three in the same class and their teacher was out of town. After we finished the lesson, the kids were coloring and drawing-they started making birthday cards for Daddy-his birthday is Friday. I wasn't paying too much attention to Shelby's, because Sarah and Spencer were needing me to help them write things and look at what they had drawn, etc. After class, they presented their cards to Todd. He was grinning as he read the cards...then I hear him say, "thou shall not kill?" I didn't know what he was talking about, so I look at Shelby's card. Sure enough, on the inside was written, thou shall not kill. I asked her why she wrote that in her Daddy's birthday card, she said, "I wanted to put a verse in it" I guess you have to go with what you've got...I guess that's all that came to mind. We got a pretty good laugh out of it! :-)

Before Sunday School, we were standing around talking. I was standing in the doorway of the "young adult" class, talking to my mom. We have manila envelopes that are used to put the offering and attendance sheets in...it was laying on the table-it says young adults on the front. Alan, the teacher of this class was my teacher when I was in the teen SS class-he is in his early 50's and his once jet black hair is now salt and pepper. Well, Shelby reads the envelope that says young adults and she walks up to Alan and says, "You are a YOUNG ADULT?" (Of course, my dad goes into this class-he's 58...) It was so funny-she really wasn't meaning it in a smart way...Alan got a good laugh out of it!! :-)

Today was Todd's first day being laid off AGAIN! I have enjoyed having him home, but we are trying to find a job quickly! :-)

1 comment:

dezandheath said...

That card is hilarious!! Reading about your daily life is so fun! Miss you, Jen.