Thursday, July 3, 2008

Looking forward to the weekend...

I have been busy packing and getting things ready all morning. We are going back up to family camp tonight and plan on trying to stay somewhere-we will be there for the morning service and then will head back. My sister and her family are heading in tomorrow from North Carolina-the kids are so excited. I am looking forward to the weekend! My friend, Amber and her husband are coming to camp tonight, too-it will be good to see them again! :-) The babies are resting now and I need to do some work. I know the time will pass quickly and then Todd will be home and we'll be ready to go!
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Last night at church we listened to this recording that went around on the internet a while back-I had heard it before, but it was good to listen to it again. It was a man telling about the events that took place and inspired Francis Scott Key to write the Star Spangled Banner. He was telling about how the British were there with their whole fleet of ships and how they were firing on Fort Henry (I think). They were aiming for the flag, and said if it came down, the colonies would be back under British rule. The battle went on all night long, and in the morning, the flag was still standing-at an awkward angle. When the day broke, they could tell the flag was at an angle because it had definitely been hit countless times, but men would come and hold the flag, knowing it would cost them their life. There were bodies stacked on top of one another and that is what held the flag at that peculiar angle. I am thankful for those that have given their lives for our great nation....I'm proud to be an American.

No comments: