I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged.... I'll try to remember what's been going on and fill you in. Todd's spring break week was nice. We didn't get as much accomplished on the basement as we would've liked, but at least we/Todd got some things done. Friday, I went to work, as usual. That night, we went to the mall-looking for Easter clothes. Saturday, a few of the kids and I headed back out on the hunt. We were in JC Penney, the girls were in the dressing room, Seth, Stu and I were standing in the doorway of the fitting rooms-I didn't want to leave the girls in there alone. A lady comes out of the fitting room going to look for something for her daughter. I'm apologizing because we are pretty much in the walkway-she says, Oh, you're fine. She comes back through, and I'm again trying to get out of the way...apologizing. She goes back in w/her daughter...a few minutes later, she's coming out again. The boys kept moving the strollers and were not waiting very patiently for their sisters-who were only trying on one dress a piece, by the way (it did take a while). I try to move the boys, and again am apologizing for being in the walkway...she says, Really, you're okay...I have six kids. I said, I do, too!!! She told me how she had 3 and 3-just like us...we went on to talk for a little bit. It was just kind of neat....I enjoyed talking w/her. We went a few more places and then came home...I was able to find everyone an Easter outfit...eventually.
Saturday night I was busy trying to get things ready for church-ironing and cooking-we were having our Anniversary dinner after the morning service. Sarah lost her first tooth, that has come out as it should have....she lost one of her front teeth on the top when she was just 1 1/2 from jumping on the bed (I think-we never did get the whole story)-it had to be surgically removed. It was an ordeal to say the least...it seems like it always is in this house-we still have many more baby teeth to lose-hopefully the boys will be better. :-) Of course it doesn't help when their Daddy teases them about getting pliers and all.......
Sunday we had our meal after church-it was the 38th or 39th anniversary of our church...I can't remember. I enjoy the fellowship at the meals, but it is a lot of work w/several little ones...I told Todd in a joking but serious way, I think I am done w/meals...at least until Savannah's about 10-ha ha. We have them in the gym, the kids never eat well, and then we spend the whole time chasing them all over. Seth went into the men's restroom before I could grab him Sunday-I had to have another man pull him out...he was in there flushing the toilets. He came out w/a big smile on his face....I wish I could be one of those people who turns their kids loose and it doesn't bother them. Oh well....
Sunday afternoon we sat around and enjoyed the day-we didn't have church that night. Spencer was out by the ditch at my parent's house and there was a snake...he picked it up!!! I couldn't believe he did that....he picks up lizards and frogs all the time at the property, but I don't like the thought of him picking up snakes! Boys.....
Yesterday, we started back to school. It was so hard for all of us....you could tell we had been off a week-it was like starting all over! Thankfully, we don't have too much more to go. Todd went back today-he has a mid-term tomorrow-I hope he does well. We registered him for his fall classes while he was on spring break-he should be finished in December. I am so proud of him-he's done so well. I know he will be glad to find a job and get back to work!
Todd and I got to go out on a date tonight and enjoy a nice dinner. When I had Savannah, the hospital gave me a gift certificate for a free meal-we finally went and used it tonight-tomorrow is my birthday and we knew we wouldn't have a chance to go out w/school and church. It was so nice to enjoy a meal together and to be able to talk w/out interruption...I miss going out on dates.
I think that about catches you up on what's been going on here...hope all is well. Have a good week!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What an encouragement God sent your way with the lady in the dressing room! Even with our smaller family of 4 kids, I love it when people share of their "larger-than-the-usual-size" family. God uses it to remind me that we're not alone and we're not WEIRD. :)
I'm right there with you on the church meal thing. It's so hard to get through a meal line when you have a number of kids who can't carry their own plate. By the time you sit down to eat, you're exhausted, and then two minutes later the kids are done eating and you spend the rest of the time chasing them down. This too shall pass, right?
Catching up on some blog reading ;0)
Happy Birthday, Girlfriend! Hope date night was sweet.
I can't believe he picked up the snake!! He is a brave one!
Sounds like the Williams have been a busy bunch. I hope you post pics of their Easter outfits. I would love to see what you all ended up picking out.
xoxo, Veronica in CA
Post a Comment