Thanks for all the comments. It is nice to know there are others out there w/the same view.
So, this morning I was thinking over some of the things from yesterday and about some of the things regarding our current job situation and all. I can feel the frustration coming over me again as I try to figure out what the Lord must be trying to do. I do a few things and then come down here so start school w/Shelby and Spencer. We start out with Bible-our current series has been on Judges. Yesterday we had a lesson on when God was calling Gideon to be the next judge and to deliver the Israelites from the Midianites. He wasn't sure if God was really calling him, so he kept asking for signs from God. That's kind of where I am....well, knowing in my heart, but struggling w/all that's going on and trusting. So the lesson today was when Gideon (and the Israelites) are going into battle. There are 32,000 soldiers to begin with-going against 135,000 Midianites. (Bear with me here while I refesh your memory) God tells Gideon he has too many. I can imagine how Gideon felt. God tells him to tell all the soldiers who were afraid to go on home. 22,000 leave to go home-leaving him w/10,000. Next, God tells Gideon to take the men down to the river and watch them drink. The ones who knelt down and cupped water in their hands and kept watch all around them, went into one group....and the others who fell down on their knees with their heads down by the water he put into another. The group of men that weren't watching and had their heads down to the water, he sent home. The other group, of 300 soldiers were to go into battle. So now there are 300 vs. 135,000. God did give them the victory--I will stop the story here. It was a lesson I needed to hear today...I don't know if I can even put it into words why. I guess just reminding me that even when the "odds are against us" and when we can't understand anything going on...God is in control. I knew that yesterday ( and the day before) but it did help me today just to be reminded that God doesn't work the way we want Him to...and even when it doesn't make sense, we just have to trust. He doesn't want me to rely on me...He wants me to rely on Him.
This has happened to me more times than once...(where I am teaching my kids and the Lord is teaching me). I am so thankful for the opportunity to teach them and for them to learn God's word at an early age.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
His ways are higher than our ways!Isn't that comforting?He KNOWS and He is in control and he does have a plan for those who love him.plans to give you a hope and a future!God is GOOD,all the time!I am reading a book that really gives a good look at what suffering REALLY is..It's called The Heavenly Man, by Paul Hattaway. If you get a chance,you should read it!!I am praying for you!
Post a Comment