Shelby gets to go to camp this summer at Hoosier Hills Baptist Camp in Versailles, Indiana. That is the place where her dad and I met (well, technically we MET at church a few months before that) but we worked together there the summer of 1994...and the rest is history. :o) She has been talking about going to camp since last summer....she is so excited to go (she thinks). I hope she will do okay-she doesn't have anyone going with her. The reason I am talking about this now...for one reason I have heard something about camp almost every day since last summer, but also a lady at our church was making some culottes for Shelby and we got them on Sunday. She has tried them on several times already....and had placed them in her suitcase...honestly...it's February!!
It is so hard for me to believe she is old enough to go to camp already! Really it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was working there, and now I will be taking a child there. This doesn't do anything to help me as I cope with my 30th birthday quickly approaching next month. I always thought it was so crazy to see people in their 70's with jet black hair, but now I know...that will be me. :-) Just kidding-I hope.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember making a packing list in JANUARY for summer camp when I was young. Time is so different when you're little. It's like kids are on God's time--a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day. To kids, summer camp is just around the corner.
And you shouldn't be feeling old. I have passed that 30 mark over a year ago, and I still don't have a child old enough to go to camp. You are very young. :)
HA HA HA!!! Bout time you are joining the crowd! Just for the record- not only will you have the jet black hair- you will have the painted eyebrows and orange flip lipstick. It's in our GENES!!! Deal with it!
I can't believe that Shelby Furnee is old enough to go to camp either! WOW!
Welcome to the old ladies club! You are in good company. :o)
Post a Comment