This week has been busy. Monday afternoon I was on the computer, and the kids were watching tv. I heard a beeping sound (like a weather alert), so I got up to check the screen (since I haven't heard or watched any news since who knows when). I see a winter storm advisory or something. When Todd came home at around 4:00 it was just starting to snow....he heard on the radio we were supposed to get 4-8 inches. The kids were so excited!! Sarah was ready to get out the snow pants...
By 5:00 the yard was dusted pretty good and it was already getting on the roads. I realized at about this time that I had forgotten to get the tomatoes and lettuce for tacos (how you "forget" the main ingredients is beyond me)....so I head out to Kroger. It was like a mad house....there were no carts in the store...there were so many people. It was already starting to get slick. Later that night Todd took the kids sledding....they had such a good time. The snow has hung around all week....when we woke up yesterday morning it was snowing and it looked so pretty. The kids have been so excited to wake up every day and see the snow still here....this is a rare occurrence here in our neck of the woods!! :-) It has been nice.
Our missionary friends, Amber and LeRoy Rolston came back here to stay with us on Tuesday afternoon. They just left today...we had such a nice visit with them. They were headed to Pensacola for a missions conference.
The doorbell rang earlier and it was someone bringing me roses. They are so pretty. It is hard for me to believe it is Valentine's Day. I guess just because I have been so busy here lately...and then with our company and all....
I think that is all the news here for this week. I have enjoyed reading all of the comments...thank you all so much for your input-and Tad for your two cents worth. :-)
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment