Saturday, February 2, 2008

It has been a busy week

This week has been pretty busy. On Monday we had some friends coming to stay the night with us, so I was busy trying to clean up. I had used a toothbrush to clean the tile in the bathroom and when I was finished I threw it into this bucket of water. I went on with my cleaning and when I had finished, I dumped the bucket of water into the toilet (forgetting about the toothbrush I had thrown in). Halfway through dumping the water (as I see a blue flash) I remembered about the toothbrush. It was too late!! I'll spare you the details and make a long story short. My Dad ends up coming down and before the ordeal is over with, he and I are in the front yard with the toilet, I am holding the toilet and shaking it around every way that I can. FINALLY the toothbrush came out. (trust me, this is the condensed version of the story....it took us a while to get to this point!!!!) During this whole time that we are out w/the toilet, our neighbor is outside across the street....I'm sure he was wondering what we were doing. It was pretty funny.
I spent the rest of the day cleaning and getting ready for our friends to come. They arrived around 5 or 6 and we spent the evening visiting with them. We love them so much. They are leaving for the mission field (Honduras) in the early summer. Our friends, Amber and Leroy, flew out to Arizona on Tuesday morning-the kids had a dentist appt Tuesday afternoon.
Once again, I will condense my story-the rest of the week (in the evenings) was spent trying to clean out our aunt Helen's apartment. She went into a nursing home earlier in the week and we needed to try and have her out by the 1st. Over the last few days her health has deteriorated and they don't look for her to make it through the weekend. It is so sad to watch someone come to the end of their life....I am so thankful that she was saved a while back and will be in Heaven soon.

No comments: