We didn't do much on Valentine's Day. Our friends were still here in the morning....they headed out after lunch and then the kids and I did their schoowork. By the time Todd got home from work, I was beginning to get what felt like a migraine....I immediately started taking medicine-and thankfully it went away soon. We decided to eat leftovers....what a romantic evening!! :-) It was okay, though. I didn't feel like going anywhere really...and we had all the kids. My mother called after we finished eating, and they were going to come down and eat leftovers, too. We decided to set up our card table in the living room and put a nice tablecloth on it and light some candles. The kids were so excited to be the "waiters"....of course, when my parents pull into the driveway they are yelling out the door, telling them all about it. We brought their food to them and tried to get the kids to come out of the living room so they could enjoy their dinner, to no avail. I could hear Stuart saying, "Let me sit in wours (your) lap, Mawmaw". We left the candles burning for a while, but I was afraid the kids were going to burn the house down, so I finally blew them out. They stayed and visited for a little while-the kids hadn't seen them for a few days, so I know they loved that. They start to go through withdrawals if too many days pass w/out seeing Mawmaw and Pawpaw.
Todd did send me roses yesterday...and they are so pretty. I kind of spoiled it and figured out he was up to something...I caught him paying for something on the computer Wed. afternoon...he never gets on the computer. I felt bad that I ruined what would've been a TOTAL surprise. It was still nice.
Our Valentine's Day wasn't anything spectacular, as you can see. Like my friend and I were talking yesterday morning about Valentine's Day and gifts and all-it is more important about the every day things....like changing diapers, going to the restroom when someone is screaming, "I'm done!", and all the other things that come up in a house full of kids.
Hope everyone else enjoyed their Valentine's Day!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for your constant encouragement on our blog! Glad you've enjoyed our story.
God is GREAT!
Jen
Mama to Quads
Post a Comment