Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy First Birthday, Seth!!


One year ago today (at 1:51 pm) we welcomed Seth Garrett into our family. He is such a sweet baby....it's hard to believe the time has passed so quickly!!! The kids were so excited today when they woke up, today being his birthday and all-a couple of them mentioned that he looked bigger...I don't really think so. It could be his pajamas that are a bit too small... :-)


Seth crawled into the school room while we were saying the pledge and then he pulled up on the legs of my desk, just in time to dance to the Star Spangled Banner. Shelby and Spencer were laughing- of course, he had a big smile on his face....he is such a distraction every time he comes in!! :-)


I don't know how much celebrating we will do....we have to go to the funeral home later for our Aunt Helen. She passed away Sunday morning. We had grown close to her over the past several years....my Mom did a lot to help her and took her to the doctor and all. A few times when my parents couldn't take her to appts, I did. I enjoyed listening to her tell stories...she was so funny.


Todd got a letter back from Marathon yesterday regarding his interview he had back in December. He didn't get the job...we were disappointed (to say the least)....we will keep on looking...maybe the Lord doesn't have anything else for him right now. It's hard to be patient and wait...and just trust. I'm trying to learn....it's not easy!!!!


Hope y'all have a good day.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Happy 1st Birthday Sethie Garedett!
Sorry we don't get to see you much, but we still love you anyway!
You are getting to be so big and so handsome!!!