Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another birthday...and a busy weekend!

Friday was a busy day......I had been putting off cleaning the house all week, but could no longer put it off-our friends, Amber and LeRoy and their kids were coming that afternoon. I started cleaning that morning-the kids were so wound up (but isn't that always how it is when you have a lot to get done!) A friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in a while called that morning-it was good to talk to you, Des, if you read this.

I ran to the grocery to get a few things I needed and then swung by McDonald's for lunch. After lunch, I put the babies down for their nap and started cleaning again. Amber and LeRoy arrived at about 2:30.

The rest of Friday was spent going to Chuck E. Cheese and then just visiting with our friends. We had such a good time.

Saturday, Amber and I went to a lady's meeting at my church (she was the speaker). I enjoyed it so much. The rest of the day we visited and Todd and LeRoy worked on cars.

Amber and LeRoy left last night heading to a church to speak. This is their last scheduled meeting-they are leaving for Honduras in July. I am so excited for them....but I am a little sad to see them go, too. I hope we will be able to see them again before they leave.

Spencer is getting so big....it's hard to believe he is 6!!

Shelby leaves for camp tomorrow. She is so excited!!!
I know I have been horrible at updating my blog lately...
Hope everyone has a good week! :-)

1 comment:

dezandheath said...

Good to talk to you too. Where are your friends going to in Honduras? One of our closest friends family are missionaries there and I went on a missions trip there too!