Todd came home this morning and told me he's going to first shift....starting MONDAY!!! I'm so happy! This night shift has not been our favorite...Todd doesn't know what day it is half of the time....don't say a word, Glenda...it's only because of his working/sleeping patterns!! :-) He does okay, but it will be nice for all of us to be on the same routine! He may get bumped at some point, but for now we'll enjoy the first shift!
Some news about Shelby. Last night at about 5:30 the phone rang-I could tell it was a cell number on the caller id. I answered the phone and it was a lady from our church-her daughter is working at camp this summer. She had gone to camp because her daughter had some kind of injury. She goes on to tell me that Shelby has been "real homesick". I figured she probably has been homesick some....what 7 year old leaves home to go to camp for the first time (ALONE) and isn't homesick? I'd feel bad if she didn't miss home at all! I always got homesick..and my sister was there w/me in the same cabin! I'm glad Shelby has stuck it out! :-) This lady also told me she has to go back on Friday for an appt so she will just pick Shelby up. I appreciate that-w/gas being $4/gallon, but I was a little disappointed...I was looking forward to getting Shelby! Todd said something about us going up tonight and him taking off work-but I'm babysitting my nieces and I don't know what time they will leave...it's a two hour drive to get to camp. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
I'm debating on what I want to do with all these kids....maybe we'll go swimming! :-)
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment