This morning started out rather busy...after breakfast I got everyone dressed, finished packing Shelby's suitcase, and ran to Wal-Mart to get a few things she needed. We headed out at about 10:30 to take her to camp. We stopped for lunch and arrived at camp at about 1:00. I took my camera with me but forgot to get it and take any pictures!!!! I am so bad about that! I went to Shelby's cabin and got her bed made for her and put her things away...I did kind of tear up, but I got it under control before I had a breakdown! :-)
When I came out of the cabin, Shelby was running up to me telling me how some girl had found a crawdad claw in the creek...she was so excited. It wasn't even the whole crawdad...just one claw. You don't see that every day in the city! :-) I was relieved that she was having a good time already. I thought she would, but she was getting a little nervous about it all-last night when we were leaving my parent's house she was about to cry and asked me if she had to go to camp. Then, as we were packing, she started tearing up again and said how she would miss me. It was kind of funny today...we were riding in the van and she says, "Raise your hand if you're going to miss me". At that particular moment, I was driving with one hand, and holding a drink with the other...she really seemed offended that I didn't raise my hand. Silly girl. I do miss her....it was weird tonight at bedtime-I just hope she is okay. I left her a note under her pillow...I hope she found it and it made her feel better! (if she was feeling a little homesick)
We stayed around camp for a little while and got to visit with some old friends. We saw Steve and Melinda, John and Tara, Bro. Jerry and Mrs. Pat (for anyone who may read this from camp). We also saw Laura VB. and Nurse Jones and Stan. It was nice to sit and talk and catch up some!
Sethie cut a tooth today, too. He was fussy from Madison all the way to camp (about 40 minutes)...which is totally out of character for him. I had noticed the tooth right before that, so at least we knew what was bothering him (maybe).
The kids played so hard and it was so hot today-I'm hoping they will all sleep well!
It has been a busy day-I should go to bed!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love hearing everyone's name from camp - brings back memories! And by the way, you're not supposed to drink and drive! But I guess if I had 5 kids I would too!! It was great to catch up w/ you the other day.
Post a Comment