Monday, January 26, 2009

A few quick things...

I forgot to tell you all about this the other day. I was standing in the bathroom, fixing my hair one day last week. Spencer was playing with these magnetic letters that are on our refrigerator...he tells me he wrote something and was wanting me to look at it. I come out in the hall, wondering what I was going to find-he has written Fox News in the middle of the refrigerator. I couldn't help but laugh...of all things to write. I had to tell my dad...you have to understand, my dad is so in to politics...he listens to Rush religiously. I'm glad he's informed, he keeps me in the know on what's going on, but anymore you can't be too involved-it just wears you out knowing all the bad things that go on with the government. If you go to my parent's house, you better not turn on any other news channel or my dad WILL say something-and I understand-what have we heard for the last 8 yrs on the other news channels about everything Bush did? I guess at least we are training Spencer right. :-)

The little kids take a nap everyday here (meaning Stuart and Seth), but on Sundays, we still try to get Sarah to lay down and rest, too. She usually does go to sleep-yesterday she laid down for a little bit, then she comes to our bedroom door (we were resting, too) and says, Can I go downstairs?" I told her no that she needed to lay back down. Her response was, "I'm not surprised" in a sarcastic tone. I realize it's not funny to let your kid have an attitude, having said that...Todd and I couldn't quit laughing. You just have to know this girl....and the things she comes off with-they crack me up!

Have any of you all seen the piece of flair on facebook that says I be homeschooled? Well, today Sarah and I were going over a special sound in Phonics, which happens to be the e in words like be, me, etc. We read the word be from the back of the card and she says, Be, like I be....I don't even remember the last of what she said...all I could think of was I be homeschooled....I told her that wasn't the correct way to use the word. Who talks like that? We DON'T!!! I realize my grammar isn't the best, but I've never said I be anything! :-)

I know I'm scattered and rambling....

We are maybe going to get some snow tonight! I haven't heard the latest update on what they are saying today...last night it was maybe between 3 to five inches! woo hoo! I'm such a kid when it comes to snow! :-) I don't know why...it's not like I'm going to be out sledding in it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

You sound so happy, Jennifer!

I would have cracked up at the comment, too, but then I would have had some smack-down going on, lol.

BTW, my husband is like your Dad. It has been a total blessing because I can go to him instead of having to watch the news and get the most conservative view, the most Godly view, the most close to my view directly from him. Just to show you how much of a politico my husband is...our son, Walker, was named after George W. Bush...his middle name is Walker. We are proud of all he did for the unborn in our nation. We are sooooo sad to see what our new president is up to in that area. Broken hearted. Well, don't want to bring you off of your high.

Have fun sledding, MAMA!!

xoxo, Veronica
p.s. Putting something in the mail tomorrow, ok?

Glenda said...

Sarah. She be smart!