We did get our snow and ice...it looks so pretty, but in a dangerous kind of way....there are so many trees down-I forget how many thousands are without power. We were included in that number, but thankfully ours must have come on sometime in the night last night. We spent the day yesterday and the night at my parent's house-we got home at about lunch time today. The kids LOVED staying w/Mawmaw and Pawpaw, I think they were kind of hoping the power would go back out...I'm glad to be home...it's such a pain packing up things for 8 people...even if it's only for a little bit-and you're only going minutes down the road! :-) I will try to get some pictures-like I said, it does look so pretty.
Todd and the kids did get to do some sledding Tuesday afternoon-he's been out of school...the kids got a "snow day" yesterday, too with all the craziness of being in a different place and all. Not to mention the night before we spent the majority of the night awake. It was about 2 am, I was asleep-I woke up to hear this loud bang-I knew it was a limb. I grab Todd and told him what I heard...we have big trees in our backyard and I'm always afraid they are going to fall in storms and all. We both jump up to look out the back door and there was a pretty good size limb laying on the roof of our shed. We went back to bed, but hear more limbs-fast forward-Todd carries the boys downstairs to ease my mind. We go back to bed only to hear more noise...we decide we'll probably get more rest if we all go to the basement. The kids did rest I think at the beginning. Todd and I kept running to the door looking outside-our van is pulled in the backyard, too, so we were watching to be sure nothing landed on it. Thankfully, the Lord kept it from getting hit with anything too big-so far. Our backyard is covered in limbs. My sister lives a few minutes away-apparently there was some pretty big limbs that fell in her yard, and they did do some damage. I am thankful the Lord took care of us and kept us safe. There have been some pretty weird things this last year or so...I've experienced an earthquake, a hurricane-well, hurricane-force winds, and now an ice storm. All of them were pretty eery to say the least!
The kids were on lesson 100 today...WOO HOO! That means only 70 lessons to go! I'm glad we'll have the biggest part of school behind us before the weather starts getting nice...it's hard for all of us to concentrate then! I don't see how people do it that have nice weather all the time-like say those people in California who were wearing shorts in their 70+ degree weather, Mrs. Veronica! :-)
That's all for now!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YIKES! I just don't know how YOU do it!!! My husband and I were watching the Duggar's last night and he was commenting how we need to move to the south...to Bible belt country...and I said heck no...I cannot do snow. Our bodies say CA (as I sit typing in my tank top and shorts, but I am TOTALLY not trying to rub it in, honey ;0)), but our hearts say move from this liberal state!!!
Saying a prayer for safety and limbs to stay on their trees for you and extended family.
xoxo, Veronica in Sunny CA (can't wait to see pics)
Post a Comment