He is really getting in to it! :-) Don't think I'm working these babies to death while I lay on the couch eating bon bons...it's not happening. But, I don't think it's bad to let them do little jobs...they'll make someone a good husband one day. Speaking of good husbands...Todd has been so good to help me around the house in my "nesting fit" the last couple of days. He's taken loads off for me to various places and helped sort through piles of socks...the job I HATE the most! He has also dealt w/my ever changing mood swings....he's a good man..so sweet!
On to other news....Shelby was so tired the other day, after staying up for the New Year....she had bags under her eyes and was so whiny...of course she'd never admit to being tired. She finally asked if she could take a "jet bath". Todd said yes, and suggested she use bubble bath. Here was the result.....
Kids crack me up...she sat in there the whole time these bubbles are piling up...she never says a word 'til it looked like that top picture.....bubbles all over the place. Silly girl.....
I go back to the doctor tomorrow, although I don't look for any kind of "news". It's just something small for me to look forward to.
The bassinet is all clean and ready...we just need a little person to fill it. This morning, Seth was standing by it (I moved it in my room) and I said baby. Then he said baby. He has no idea.... I always do feel a little sad for the smallest one when we bring home a new baby...I guess it's really easier on them...I maybe should feel bad for the older ones. I just want them all to feel like they have a place-hopefully no one feels left out.
Seth woke up yesterday and his eye looked funny-kind of puffy and a little goopy. We had already discussed last night I would stay home, just in case, since we don't know what the deal is. He woke up this morning and his eye looked better...I went ahead and kept him and Stu home to be safe. I think sometimes people think we have more germs since there's more of us (based on comments I've heard) truth is, these kids are exposed to less germs than most kids-they don't really go out much-and they don't have contact w/other kids! Maybe the Lord was just trying to spare me from hearing 500 times "You're still here". :-) Actually I have missed being at church....maybe it would have been nice to sneak in after the fellowship time, where I wouldn't have a chance to talk to anyone! ha ha I might get to go tonight, so there'll still be chances..... :-) I don't mean to sound hateful, but everyone who's been pregnant knows what I mean....and there's just certain people that can say it and it drives you nuts!!!
Hope everyone has a good week...I'll keep you posted on any progress here. Don't wait by your computer..... :-)

2 comments:
You are so funny ending the post with 'don't wait by the computer', because I am dying of anticipation over here!!!
This post was soooo funny! The pics are too cute. I loved the Dirt magnet tee and the pics with Shelby in the bath. Adorable. So glad you were able to capture that moment.
And I must add that I FEEL YOU with the comments during pregnancy. Here are a few of my un-favorites:
-Is this your last? (you would think that if I have this many children already, we probably are not going to be stopping anytime soon!0
-Wow, you are BIG!
-Are you having twins? You sure have gotten BIG!
-You must be ready to pop, you are so BIG!
(I obviously have an issue with being called BIG during pregnancy..ha ha)
I better stop writing a novel on your comments. I just wanted you to know what a funny post it was.
Saying a prayer for you and that sweet baby,
Veronica in CA
I think people should just keep their RUDE comments to themselves. It isn't like they are contributing ANY part to the raising or any caregiving to any of the kids- so it isn't any of their business how many you have AND they aren't feeding or clothing you so who cares how BIG you get. By the way....when we were in for Christmas- I didn't think you looked big at all. Some of the comment makers are much bigger and they don't have any excuse! ;o)
Post a Comment