Well.....we had a GIRL!!! Can you believe it? I could not....I'm still so excited. I felt like it was going to be a boy, although I wanted a girl....I was so excited when she was born and I heard them say, "It's a girl!". I am so thankful she's healthy and we are both doing well.
The delivery was not exactly how I would've liked. We did have a long day-but the main thing is she arrived safe and sound. We got to the hospital Tuesday at around 6:30....I think they finally got the pitocin going maybe close to 8-I'm not sure...it seems like everything takes a while. My doctor had planned to come over around 10 and break my water-she got tied up and couldn't come. I didn't progress on my own...they thought she would come at 1-she didn't make it. I was so sick, and kept vomiting (which happens every time) but it was worse this time for some reason. They finally gave me some medicine through my IV that made me groggy, so I did rest. I was glad to get some sleep-I'd been up since about 3...too excited/nervous to sleep. I'll move the story along...at about 6:00 they got another doctor from another practice to break my water-my doctor was still busy-Savannah Grace was born at 6:57 pm. She was 7 lbs and 11 oz-21 1/2 in long. She was our smallest baby as far as weight, but she's tied w/Spencer for the longest. I do have a quick praise I'll share. When she was born, we could see a knot in her cord. It wasn't tight yet, but it just made us so thankful that the Lord is in control. If my doctor would not have induced me this week and waited 'til next week like she had originally planned, there could have been major complications or we may not have even been bringing a baby home. Praise the Lord He's always watching over us....even when we don't realize there's a problem!

3 comments:
Glory to God! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And, yes, what a praise report to see that God did have His hand in this and moved it along in HIS perfect timing!! I have been waiting for this post, I gotta tell ya'! And I LOOOOVE the name. She totally looks like a Savannah Grace, for sure. I would love to send her a little welcome gift. Would you mind giving me a mailing addr?
You can reach me at:
n.veronicawhite(at)yahoo.com
xoxo and Congratulation, Williams Bunch,
Veronica
p.s. The picture with all your little ones and you is just too precious. Hope you are recovering well.
"Grace?? She's been dead for 30 years!" (Sorry, I couldn't resist a throwback to our camp days where everything in life pertained to Christmas Vacation)....
Savannah Grace is a wonderful name and I am very happy for you!! She is perfectly beautiful.
..."They want you to say the blessing."
Yeah!!! I'm glad you got your girl to keep the numbers even. And I'm thankful along with you that everything ended up OK. Praise the Lord for a healthy little girl!
We almost gave our fourth the same middle name since her first name means grace. But we gave her my grandma's first name for a middle name instead. I'm glad since my grandma now has gone home to be with the Lord--it was a neat way to honor her in the last months of her life. But I do like Savannah's name!
If we ever get down to visit my brothers, we're coming to see you!
Post a Comment