I am so excited about this table...I just have to tell the rest of the story. So on Saturday, we were planning to go to a few places and look at tables. We were at my parent's house and my dad said, "you all should go look at this table they had at Big Lots". I wasn't too interested but my dad does know wood...he does a lot of wood working and he usually gives sound advice. We headed up that way and there is also a furniture store in the same shopping center with Big Lots, so the plan was I would run in and look at the table and then we'd go to the furniture store. I went in and looked and then we both looked at it and decided to buy it. My parents told us later they had seen the same table in the furniture store for around $1,000-just the table! This table is a Broyhill-it does have a few scratches I guess that's why it was there. We did have to take 2 chairs off the floor, the other 6 were in boxes. Our total ended up being $1110.00-and we were satisfied. For some reason, I wanted to go to another Big Lots close to us and just check out the furniture they had. I noticed they had the same chairs we had bought at the other store, and they were $20 cheaper. I called Todd and was telling him and we were talking about what to do. I waited and talked to a guy in the furniture dept and he called a manager. At first she didn't act like she could do anything about it and then she got on the phone with the other store. She told me to come to the front registers. I was expecting to get back my money on the chairs...she ended up giving me everthing we had purchased at the 70% discount (which was where her store was-the other store was @ 60%)...I got back $277!!! I couldn't believe it!! I called Todd-I was so excited. We ended up getting the table and all 8 chairs for $833. It is so nice...and heavy. I helped carry it in the house. Now I will quit talking about my table...I am so just excited! And I had to tell the rest of the story...
After that, we went to another Big Lots....trying to check the inventory at all the stores. Why, I don't know...I guess just to tempt ourselves since we have a little bit of money. But we have other plans with our tax return-like build a shed, since our other one is falling down. There are several things we'd like to do... Thank the Lord for tax returns (and this year stimulus payments). At least there are a few months out of the year we have a little bit of money. :-)
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment