Monday, April 7, 2008

The Weekend and a Beautiful day outside



Friday night the older kids stayed the night with my parents. I think that was Shelby's idea...Stuart was planning to stay, too, but when we got ready to leave he changed his mind. I couldn't believe he left with us! Todd and I, along with Stu and Seth went to a furniture store to look at tables and chairs. We were kind of talking about getting a new one because our table is pretty small and we only have four chairs-we have to use folding chairs already when we all are at the table together. We saw a few we liked-we had planned to look around some more on Saturday.


Saturday we bought a table. We got such a good deal on it-I am still so excited about it! We got the table and eight chairs...there is plenty of room for all of us. It is so nice....

This is the table without any of the leaves in.

And here is the old table and chairs in the living room....Spencer and Sarah were "fishing" in this picture. :-)

So that was our excitement from the weekend. This morning when Todd came home he was feeling pretty good so he changed the oil in our van. Then he said he would like to ride down to my parent's property (an hour away) to get my dad's tractor out-it had gotten stuck while they were working on something a couple weeks ago. We loaded up and drove down to the country. It was such a beautiful day to be out! It was warm and sunny-I think it was in the 70's. The kids had such a good time being outside and getting dirty. We weren't down there too long so Todd could get back and rest. When we got home I let them go out in the backyard, where they spent the rest of the afternoon and evening. I think it was good for all of us to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air. :-)

3 comments:

Marti said...

Beautiful table, Jennifer! I'm looking forward to when we can do that, too. Right now we only have three chairs, so Bud and I usually eat on the couch with the kids at the table. At least we're close. :)

Amanda said...

I saw your comment on the Murray blog, and thought I'd give you some more "S" names that I like in case of another surprize: Sadie, Sidney, Saylor, Sterling, Sawyer. It's so much easier finding names for someone else's child than my own!

Amanda said...

Oops, forgot about Sophie.