We had a pretty busy day, as usual, doing school and I was working some this afternoon while the kids went out and played in the yard...another nice day. Todd got up at about 3:30 or 4....we decided to go to Frisch's to get something to eat. I am always on edge when we go out because everyone is watching us from the time we come in with all the kids just waiting to see what they are going to do. I want to be sure they behave...I know that sometimes I am too hard on them...they are just little kids. They usually are pretty good...there have been a few occasions that I have wanted to get up and leave, but that isn't the norm. We were sitting there and this lady came up to our table and was talking about how well behaved the kids were...then the couple next to us could hear her and they said how they had just been talking about the same thing... That has happened to us before, and when it does happen it just makes you feel good. I was proud of the kids, and like I've mentioned before on this blog-some people are just irritated by the fact that we have so many kids and they want to let us know...it is so nice to hear kind words every now and then! Also, we did pray before our meal...what a bad testimony it would have been for us to pray and then for our kids to act like demons the whole time! (of course that has been the case on a few occasions...but hey, nobody's perfect!)
After our meal, we went to a park nearby and played for a little bit. It was so nice and warm.
Later, Todd's mom called to see if they wanted to meet her up at Dairy Queen for ice cream-Seth and I stayed home...he was getting tired already and my stomach didn't feel like ice cream. They enjoyed it, though.
Now all of the kids are sound asleep in the basement. We have some stormy weather coming and I didn't want everyone waking up scared in the middle of the night.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hard to believe that we were sharing the same storm system...only ours arrived as rain, sleet, ice, and snow. No school today for our local schools. But our homeschool just keeps plugging away! :)
Post a Comment