So, this morning I'm lying in bed at about 5:30. Spencer had come in there with me and I was just getting back to sleep when all of a sudden I woke up and the windows were rattling and I felt shaking. I jumped up in the bed and put my hand over on Spencer...I thought something was going on with him. Then, I thought it was maybe a car driving by w/the bass booming...we get that a lot of times and the windows rattle. Then, I realized it was an EARTHQUAKE! I couldn't believe it. I'm laying there thinking about what I should do, but I stayed still....I couldn't believe none of the kids woke up. When it was over, I'm still sitting there half scared to death. I go to the kitchen and call my mom. She said at first she thought my dad fell out of bed...it woke them both up and they definitely felt it. I tried to call Todd but the phone was off and it wasn't a break time anyhow probably....I just am one of those people that have to talk to people when something happens. Todd works in Indiana and has to cross the bridge over the Ohio River to get home...I immediately thought of that.... I was freaking out over nothing really, but I have never felt anything like that before in my life. My Dad called me a little while ago asking if I felt a tremor, but thankfully the kids and I were in the basement and didn't feel a thing. Pretty crazy. I think downtown they said some bricks fell off of a building. I don't know if any more damage was done-I haven't watched any news.
It is a nice day outside!! The kids are wanting to get out and play.
Seth has started walking now. It is so cute to see him turn loose and walk on his own...he's getting so big! :-)
Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment